Thursday, January 13, 2011

My Favorite 4 Minutes of Music This Week- January 13th

So thanks to my daily ritual of checking out PerezHilton.com for my latest celebrity gossip, I came across a video of a young woman named Meghan Tonjes.  She's a singer songwriter from MICHIGAN (woo hoo!) who's recent video features an acoustic mash-up of Britney's "Hold It Against Me" and Bruno Mars's "Grenade".  This video gives me chills, it is THAT good!  Her musicality and way she blends the two songs is perfection.  She has great tone... and certainly knows how to play up to the vulnerability of her voice.  Since seeing this on Perez, I've checked out other links on her YouTube page and listed to other great covers (check out her cover of "Firework") in addition to some original tunes as well. 

So... I knew I was definitely in love with her when I read her bio on YouTube and she ends it by saying "I feel as if the meaning of life can be found during any Meijer trip"!  Any Michigander knows just how awesome this quote is... and especially me because I LOVE me some Meijer (and miss it so much now that I'm in California...*tear*). 

Check Meghan out and support her music!  I think she's a great talent and hope that someday well see her doing big things!

No comments: