Thursday, September 16, 2010

Catfish? What's the secret? I'm dying to find out....

Have you guys seen the trailer for this movie "Catfish"?  Ever since the first time I saw it, I've been hooked.  (two drums and a cymbal crash)

According to imdb.com, here's the plot:  In late 2007, filmmakers Ariel Schulman and Henry Joost sensed a story unfolding as they began to film the life of Ariel's brother, Nev. They had no idea that their project would lead to the most exhilarating and unsettling months of their lives. A reality thriller that is a shocking product of our times, Catfish is a riveting story of love, deception and grace within a labyrinth of online intrigue.

So maybe its because I'm a reality show fan... and I have always loved documentary movies... but I'm trying to figure out if this is another Blair Witch where they promote it as being real and then it ends up being fake... or not.  I just saw another trailer tonight that says "Not based on true events.... just true".  Another tag line I've seen in the trailer is "The best Hitchcock film that Hitchcock never directed".  With both lines, I'm in.  I have to see it.

I have two worries.  1: It's gonna scare the bajeesus out of me.  The tension leading up to the end of the trailer already gives me butterflies.  I'm worried I may be scarred for days (and nights of nightmares).  And, 2: It's gonna be a HUGE letdown.  This movie is all about the building tension.  If it gets to the end and is a big flop, then all this promotion was worth nothing.  I guess I will have to see to know.

Several things I've read have said "Don't let anyone tell you what it is".  I'm sure I could poke around online and figure out what its about.  But I don't want to.  And if any of you do.... don't you dare tell me... because at this point, the marketing team has done such a great job that I want to reward them with my ticket fee... not matter how horrible or horror-filled it may be. 

Here's the trailer.  Let me know what you think:

No comments: