Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Dancing With The Stars: Season 11

OK... so let me make this clear upfront.  I do not follow Dancing with the Stars regularly.  Back in the day, I was a fan.  Back in the Drew-Lachey-Cheryl-Burke-SaveAHorseRideACowboy days.  But I've given up in the last couple of years and stopped watching.  I've sort of kept up to date online... seeing who was participating and who was eliminated, but I stopped watching the actual episodes.  Not DVR'ed.  Nothing.

But... for some reason, I decided that for Season 11, it was time to check it out again.  After trying to determine why I tuned it, I developed this graph:


So I watched the premiere last night... and I was actually entertained (as embarassing as it is to admit).  There were some surprisingly great performances (Jennifer Grey: WOW!) but also some hardcore trainwrecks (Bristol... I don't care what the judges said, you were a hot mess!)

The Situation was exactly what I expected: entertaining.  I just need him to not be so super cheesy.  Margaret Cho was hilarious... and although she was making fun of herself and tripped on purpose, she was WAY better than Bristol and deserved higher scores.

I was a bit saddened to see Margaret and the Situation in last place after the results... because they were my two main reasons for watching in the first place.  I didn't want them to get eliminated so early.

So then... I tuned into the results show tonight.  I admit I fast forwarded through most of it... (with the exception of the Santana/India.Arie performance... she is one of my faves!).  I really just wanted to see who got eliminated.  In all honestly, I really thought Audrina would go.  She didn't have the lowest score, but I think she is SO boring and vanilla, and I cannot possibly figure out who on earth would be such a "fan" of Audrina that they would call in and vote for her.  So.... I was quite surprised when she was declared safe early on in the show.  Margaret was safe early on too!  That made me happy! 

It came down to the final three: The Situation, the Hoff, and that black kid from that Disney show (is he really a star?  I honestly have never seen him before in my entire life).  I figured it had to be the Situation because of his low score... or the Disney kid because of his low popularity.  But.... to my complete and utter surprise... the first eliminated was The Hoff!  REALLY?  I thought he was one of the biggest stars that this season had.  And... he had "the pimp spot" as they call it on American Idol, by performing last.  He was the easiest one to remember to vote for, with him being fresh in everyone's minds.  So.... all in all, it was quite shocking.  I think he would have been pretty fun to watch, with his high cheese factor. :-)

So after tonight, I changed my DVR from "Record this Show" to "Record this Series".  I need more Situation.  One hour on Thursdays is not enough.  Plus I can't wait to see Bristol Palin fall flat on her face.  It's going to happen America.  It's going to happen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love that you are watching! and told me so on facebook so i could read your blog :-) your pie chart is amazing! i hope all your predictions come true! -amy greene

Anonymous said...

I watched it too, but was thrilled that the "Hoff" got voted out first. I think he is disgusting!! I will be voting for Jennifer Grey and like you, can't wait to see Palin fall on her butt...... Maybe her Mamma will be there when it happens just to make it twice as nice...MOM