Friday, March 11, 2011

30 Day Song Challenge: Day 5- A Song That Reminds You Of Someone

With today's challenge, I decided to go with the whole "whats the first song that pops in my mind"... and the first one I came up with that had a connection with someone was the 1999 jam "Faded" by SoulDecision.  This group was a one hit wonder for sure (OK, maybe one and half... anyone remember "Ooh, It's Kinda Crazy"???)  But this song will always remind me of my good friend Rusty Gardner.  This song came out the year we graduated from high school, and I remember we both thought it was awesome.  I'm trying to dust off the cobwebs, but there is also a faint memory of this song being played at Rusty's wedding where I was his best man. 

While I'm talking about Rusty... can you all send out a prayer and some good thoughts for him???  He's serving overseas right now, and I totally give him so much respect and credit for devoting his life to protecting me and the rest of us in America.  If it wasn't for souls like Rusty on this planet, we'd all be in trouble.  A shout out to his wife Kim and two beautiful children too.  I'm sure they miss Rusty every day, and I commend them for their patience and unwavering love. 

Have a great weekend!

No comments: