Saturday, March 12, 2011

30 Day Song Challenge- Day 6: A Song That Reminds You Of Somewhere

Today's song brings back memories of one of my favorite years of my life.  Over a time period of 2003-2004 I had the pleasure of living in Nashville, TN.  It is a fantastic little city with so much to do... especially for people in their 20's and 30's.  I had a blast and made some great friendships while I was there.

The song I've selected for today's challenge is "Dixieland Delight" by Alabama.  This song will always make me think of Nashville because it was hard to ever go out to downtown Nashville without hearing this song.  One of the great things about downtown Nashville is the line of honky-tonk bars that are always no-cover and always have live music playing.  Most are up-and-comers who are trying to get discovered... and often they were really good!  Sometimes you'd hear original music, but most of the time it was just a revolving jukebox of live cover songs.  Alabama songs came up often, but this song I particularly remember.  I don't think I had ever even heard this song before I moved to Nashville, and I left knowing all the words.  :-)

No comments: