Thursday, March 10, 2011

30 Day Song Challenge: Day - A Song That Makes You Sad

Today's song still makes me sad and emotional even though it first came out when I was 13 years old.  In fact, the fact that I was at that age is probably what connects it to such heartache for me.  The song I've chosen for this day is "Runaway Train" by Soul Asylum.

I am so lucky to have had an amazing family growing up, that I can't even imagine what it must have been like to runaway from home or to be abducted.  Both scenarios involve being separated from my family... and during teenage years that is so hard to imagine.  I remember this video being polarizing.  It was one that you wanted to see on MTV.  I remember thinking to myself "If I can just remember these names and faces, maybe someday I'll see one of these kids and I can help to solve the crime!".  Its just saddening to think that some kids and families have to go through that kind of emotional hardship.

Here's the video for my Day 4 choice:

No comments: