Saturday, December 17, 2011

12 Days of Christmas Pop Songs- #10

The song at #10 is by an artist that I listened to back in the day when I was heavily into contemporary Christian music.  At the time, she was kind of the Britney Spears of that genre... singing fun, cute, poppy songs about God.  The artist is Stacie Orrico.


Stacie had a brief spurt of mainstream success back in 2004/2005 when she hit the pop charts with the songs "Stuck" and "(There's Got To Be) More To Life".  I was really happy for her to hit the mainstream because I had been listening to her contemporary Christian stuff long before most people had heard of her. 

Also in the early 2000's, Stacie released a Christmas album titled "Christmas Wish" and my song at #10 is the title track from the album.  From what I could research, its an original song, not a remake... but if anyone knows differently, please feel free to share.  This song has stuck with me over the years, I think simply because its so poppy and easy to sing along with.  It has a nice message about the power of hope and love.  I'm sure many of you have not heard it, so I hope you enjoy it as well.  :-)

No comments: