Tuesday, December 13, 2011

12 Days of Christmas Pop Songs- #11

We will continue the countdown with a song that many people may not be familiar, but I really love the message.  One thing some of you may not know about me is that I interned at the Country Music Association in Nashville back in 2003-04.  Back then it was a fantastic time for poppy country music, and there were many groups/artists that I fell in love with.  One of those groups is SheDaisy.  This trio of sisters released a several albums in the late 90's and early 2000's including the holiday album "Brand New Year".  I purchased the album and loved their harmonious takes on several Christmas standards... but one track really stood out to me.  It was a cover of the Bing Crosby tune "The Secret of Christmas".  (that makes two Bing covers in two days!). 
"The Secret of Christmas" has such an awesome message... but SheDaisy's take on it is so mellow, smooth and relaxing, that I love listening to it.  It gets me all Christmasy.  Plus, I think at this time of year with all the stress, its good to hear this message.  It's not about fitting everything in at Christmastime... its about fitting Christmas-like acts and deeds into your whole year.   Enjoy!





No comments: