Friday, December 23, 2011

12 Days of Christmas Pop Songs #3

Only three songs left in the countdown!  This one is by the legendary Elton John.  I first came to really love and appreciate this song in college.  During my first year, I was living in the residence halls, and I totally remember a girl on my floor, Megan Stojic, talking about how "Step Into Christmas" was her favorite Christmas song.  I think I even remember her telling us all some story about how her and her sister used to put on their favorite Christmas socks and dance around the house to it.  She put the song on and danced around her dorm room.  :-)  One of those random things that just always sticks with you.

I'm pretty sure right after that I went and downloaded Step Into Christmas (for free... on like LimeWire or something... because that's how it was done in 1999 baby... hahaha).  Ever since then, its been on rotation every year for Christmas.  I just love how fun and carefree it is.  One of those songs that you can't help but bob your head to.... or put on your Christmas socks and dance around the house to.  :-)

A quick funny story about this song...  You know that commerical that is out right now where they show the people singing along to Elton John's "Rocket Man" and getting the lyrics completely wrong?  Well I sang a line to "Step into Christmas" wrong for the longest time.  For some reason I thought the lyric "Hop aboard the turntable" was actually "Hop aboard your chimney, boy"... as if Elton was singing this song directly to Santa Claus, hopping from chimney to chimney.  Hahaha!  I mean, the lyric was definitely wrong, but the chimney reference applies to Christmas, so it sorta made sense.... right?  Right?... (*crickets*).... Alright, I'm an idiot.  :-)

Enjoy song #3: "Step Into Christmas" by Elton John

No comments: