Friday, July 9, 2010

Go See: Despicable Me


So about a week ago I was given the opportunity to go to the world premiere of Despicable Me here in Los Angeles.  It was a movie that I have wanted to see for a while and was so happy to see an advanced screening. 

They've been promo'ing the crap out of this movie.  I can't even remember the first time I saw one of the little yellow minions on my TV to promote this movie... but it was a while ago.  I really just hope that all the early promotion hasn't worn off and that people still go see it.

So... from my perspective, definitely check it out.  If you've got kids, bring them.  If you don't have kids, find someone else's kids and bring them.  :-)  I think the lesson that kids can take from this movie is one that would stick with them for a while.

The movie is funny.  Steve Carell does an excellent job as main guy Gru.  He's got the voice down so much that you don't even know its Steve Carell.  Quite the opposite, Russell Brand as the voice of the old scientist guy makes me bust up laughing every time he's on the screen because you can totally tell that it is Russell Brand.  It's so funny.  Besides these characters, you will fall in love with the yellow minions and with the youngest of the three girls.  They take cuteness to the next level.

Here's a clip from Yahoo of one of my favorite moments.  It's not spoiling too much because most of you have probably already seen this in the trailers... but still, I wanted to get you pumped up to go see it.  And then come back and comment on my blog!  :-)


No comments: