Friday, July 9, 2010

"I Lost My Dignity On A Slippery Wiener"

Being a hardcore reality TV fan... I have been anxiously awaiting the premiere of summer's guiltiest of guilty pleasures: BIG BROTHER!  Last night was finally the first episode of the 12th season.  TWELVE!  It's hard to believe that for that many summers (oh... and that one weird winter season...) Big Brother has been bringing scandal, backstabbing and hilarity to our TV screens.

I have to admit... when I first saw the cast announced on CBS.com and had a chance to peruse their bios, I was very underwhelmed.  The cast was very... ummm... vanilla?!  The entire cast are all caucasians except for one African-American girl who is so white she makes some of the other girls look black.  I was worried that this season would be just like vanilla ice cream is... lacking flavor.

I was also worried about this season's twist: "the Saboteur".  One contestant isn't in the house to win the game and the actual prize money... instead they are there to complete missions and sabotage the other players in hopes of making it past the first five weeks of eliminations.  At that point, the Saboteur will win $50,000.  I was worried because in my head this sounded like another fantastic show from reality TV history: The Mole. 

After watching last night's first episode... I admit that I am 100% sucked back in again.  The cast didn't seem as boring and vanilla as I originally expected... and the Saboteur thing was actually presented in a way that it was much different than the Mole.  I think it will actually be a great twist.  The videos of the Saboteur that are all jumbled with the contrived deep voice are a little scary at times.  I'm sure if I was living in the house I would probably have nightmares of that image/sound combination.

So... as a loyal BB fan, I was doing my best to attempt to figure out who the Saboteur is (it will actually be revealed on next Thursday's episode).  Here are my pics for "Most Likely to be the Saboteur":

My first prediction is blonde Britney.  I think she's a good choice because people may not expect her to be the Saboteur and as Big Brother's signature trademark says: Expect the Unexpected.  I think there is a lot more to this girl that meets the eye.  And following in the footsteps of previous blonde vixens in the house like Janelle and Jordan, I think that Britney knows the game well and would be able to play the part of the Saboteur.  When she fell off the hot dog and hurt her knee last night, I really thought she was faking it... but watching it back a couple times it really did look like it was hurt, so that part confuses me.  BUT... if she really was playing up that injury to sabotage her team... it backfired because they ended up winning anyway!  I do have to say... Saboteur or not, I hope Britney stays around for a while... because with lines like "I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener" and "the gays are my people"... I can't help but love her and want to see more. 

My second prediction is Kristen.  Something about this girl shouts SABOTEUR to me.  I think she's smart... I think shes got good history of the Big Brother game... and she's got that take-no-prisoners, no-bullshit attitude that would be perfect for a saboteur.  Also... notice how she was the first one across in the hot dog game, winning $10,000.  If I was in the house as the Saboteur and knew that my end goal prize was $50,000, I would be jumping at the chance to get as much more money along the way as possible.  Also... did you hear after the lights came back on that Kristen was VERY vocal with trying to ensure everyone knew she was sitting right next to Hayden on the couch.  Very suspicious.

My last prediction for the Saboteur is Ragan.  The reason I pick him is because he seems like such a character and able to act really well... then combine that with the fact that he is already from Los Angeles... and it makes me think that maybe someone affiliated with the casting might have already known Ragan and been like "I have this GREAT guy to play the Saboteur!".  He seems sweet enough, but yet very cunning.  I feel like people would underestimate him, and not consider him as the Saboteur.  Plus... he has already lied to them about what he does and what his background is... she we know he's already working on putting up a front.  We'll see!

I could go on about so many of the other cast mates (ummm crazy Enzo... hot Brendon)... but I leave those comments for a future post.  We'll keep this one based on Saboteur speculation.  Who do you think it may be?

No comments: