Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Inception... pretty much = badass.

Sorry its been a few days since an update.  I feel like I've got so much to say!  First, I'll start with a post about the movie "Inception".  Its a flick I've been waiting for a while to see.  The previews were done pretty well... and definitely sold me on going opening weekend. 


Let's break it down in parts:

Visually: The movie is beautiful.  From the costumes to the set design to the special effects.  A visually pleasing movie that I am certain will get at least a few technical nominations at the Oscars this year.  What you see in the preview?  Yeah... you get that and a whole lot more.

Sound:  You know how the previews give you this sense of urgency and suspense with that low-toned, almost vuvuzela sound?  Well, take that and add 100% more urgency and suspense.  The music and sound effects are done really well.  The soundtrack (and its use) is pretty fantastic.

Acting:  Of course we know Leo is a pro... and I wouldn't have expected any less from him.  But... can I just say that there were some other stellar performances in this movie?  First of all: Marion Cotillard.  Best Supporting Actress nomination if you ask me.  She wasn't in the movie much, but when she was, I was fixated on her.  Between her flawless classic beauty and her captivating performance, I was ready to hand her an award myself.  And can I just say that Joseph Gordon Levitt has come a LONG way since "Angels In The Outfield".  I thought he was awesome.  Those two were the standouts for me, but they were among a stellar cast.  Oh... and can I just add that I need to check out some more flicks with this Tom Hardy guy (plays Eames in the movie)???  Between his cute smile and accent I was smitten!  :-)

Plot:  I mean... what can you really say about the screenwriting and plot about this movie???  Sure it stars Leo and all... but really, the storyline is the star of the movie.  Some movies rest on big name actors... some rest on stunning visual effects... but with Inception, you could take that all away and you still have a complex and intriguing story. 

All in all... as I'm sure you've gathered... I reccommend seeing Inception if you haven't yet.  If you are one of those people that tends to rent movies... I would say this is one you definitely want to take the time and money to see in the actual theatre.

1 comment:

Auntie Linda said...

my mind has still not recovered from it. :D