Friday, July 23, 2010

My Favorite 4 Minutes of Music This Week- July 23rd

For this weeks Favorite 4 Minutes, I'm sharing a group that I've been jamming to all week.  This song isn't a new, breaking song that is fresh on the charts... in fact, I don't think they have ever been on the charts here in the US.  They are a UK-based Danish pop that I am in love with: Alphabeat!


To me, Alphabeat is a little slice of Europop heaven.  There ain't no shame in my game... I will openly admit that I love Ace of Base and other poppy groups that came out of the Europe in the 90's.  To me, Alphabeat is a throwback to those days, with a new, current spin on it.  I was able to get my hands on their most recent CD "The Beat Is..." and I am in LOVE with it.  The lead singer, Stine, is so damn cute... and she is joined by a group of equally adorable guys.  They are just fun, fun, FUN!

I first found out about Alphabeat when Perez Hilton posted a song by them on his blog... and he later had them perform at his showcase at SXSW this year.  It was their first US appearance... and I was SO wanting to be there.  I guess I'll have to wait for them to come back to the states and hopefully they will do a show in the LA area.

The song Perez posted months ago is the song that I am posting for you today... it's my favorite of their songs and makes me feel like dancing.  It's great while driving with the windows down in the summertime!

Check it out and if you like it, you should look up their other songs and videos on YouTube.  Enjoy "The Spell" by ALPHABEAT!  :-)

1 comment:

Auntie Linda said...

gotta say, i like it! has an early 90's feel. maybe late 80's. but i like it. :D