Saturday, July 17, 2010

Well.... that was fast.

BIG BROTHER SPOILER ALERT:  If you have Big Brother 12 tivo'ed or dvr'ed from last night and haven't watched yet... then read no further!  :-)

(I always appreciate a warning, because I hate when my reality TV gets spoiled!)

So Thursday night was the first (of I'm sure many to come) dramatic night of the Big Brother 12 season.  Not only did we find out who the Saboteur was, but we had our first eviction and live HOH competition.  Here are some of my thoughts:

  • First of all, I'm totally bummed that Annie was the Saboteur and now she's out the game!  I guess that big twist backfired on you, huh CBS?  Once I found out that it was actually Annie, I was happy with her as the choice, and wished that she would have stayed a bit longer.  I do give her credit for trying her best to stay... and the point she made about Brendon and Rachel was a good one (which made itself even more apparent LATER...).  For it being the first eviction of the season, that was a pretty good speech that Annie gave!  Usually the first few weeks of pre-eviction speeches are filled with nothing but marshmallows and cotton candy.  She went right for the meaty-ness... and I liked it. 
  • I really thought that Britney was the Saboteur... but now that she's not, I really hope she stays for a while.  She is too damn funny!  I love the comments that she makes in the diary room.  To put this in SAT verbal format: Britney is to season 12 as Kevin was to season 11. 
  • Kristen.... she was another one that I felt could possibly be the saboteur... but it turns out she's just completely invisible in this entire game so far!  They haven't featured her at all.  In fact, on Thursday's episode I think the first time we even saw her face was when Julie called her into the diary room to vote.  At first, I thought this may be her "stealthness" as the saboteur.... but now I'm thinking:  Is she really just that boring? 
  • The HOH competition:  Can I tell you how much I LOVED that during the second question that ALL three remaining "Brigade" members were eliminated.  All at the same time.  It was like poetry.  Complete awesomeness.  The Brigade is such a dumb alliance name... and they are stupid to think they are going to make it to the final four. 
  • I LOVE that Rachel won the HOH competition.  Not that I particularly love Rachel.... but I just love drama in the BB house... and you know when someone goes from being on the block to being HOH that there will be some vengence and drama.  I can't wait to see what happens. 

No comments: