Tuesday, July 13, 2010

My Favorite 4 Minutes of Music This Week- July 13th

Summer is a time for a good, poppy, windows-down, speakers-blaring, wind-in-your-hair kinda jam... and there is one song that I think fits this bill, and I can't stop listening to it.  That's why its my favorite 4 minutes of music this week: Dance Forever by Allstar Weekend

I first heard this song simply by seeing it in the iTunes top 100 downloads and listening to the 30 second sample.  It sounded fun so I downloaded the whole track.  Since then, its been on my "Current Hits" playlist on my iPod... and I seem to always go to this song first.  It's got the same vibe as Metro Station... and the lead singer totally has a Fall Out Boy vocal thing going on.  I'm not sure if its the pop/rocky guitar and keyboards, or the simple easy to sing along with lyrics... but its infectious... and I've got the virus.

I decided before I posted this I may want to look the band up and get a bit more information about them.  They all went to high school together in San Diego... and got thier start in early 2009.  Not surprisingly, this band was part of a talent competition on Radio Disney (I'm a sucker for teeny-bopper pop folks... no shocker here).  They didn't win... but they did get signed by Hollywood Records following the competition.  Also... not to play the race card here (but I'm gonna...) its nice to see a diverse group of guys in this band! 

I've already put my shields up for the amount of crap that is going to get hurled at me for being almost 30 and enjoying a band that is liked by girls who are literally half my age.  But no shame in my game!  I love this song... so turn it up and enjoy!

No comments: